Candidate must have Assembler Programming experience preferably in a software vendor environment. It is desirable to have experience working with relevant domain (CICS) and z/VSE internals with domain performance and tuning experience. Comprehensive Knowledge and experience with the current release (and backward of at least 2 releases) of subsystem (CICS) and z/VSE.
Experience : 6 – 12 Years
- Strong knowledge of the zVSE , zVM and CP operating systems.
- Power system, task dispatching, partition dispatching
- Strong programming skills using the IBM High Level Assembler
- Experience with Extended Addressability
- Knowledge of 24 bit, 31 bit and 64 bit addressing modes.
- Knowledge of 24 bit, 31 bit and 64 bit storage residency modes.
- Ability to diagnose errors from the Assembler listing.
- Experience using multiple program entry points
- Experience using conventional and extended program linkages
- Experience using Extended Addressing features
- Basic understanding of the IBM zArchitecture Principles of Operations Publication
- Storage – Familiarity with GETVIS storage areas; storage addressing, protection and formats
- Knowledge of the Program Link Edit and program\phase build.
- Ability to create program\phase executables.
- Ability to develop reentrant modules.
- Knowledge of programs running in real and virtual environments.
- Knowledge of programs running in OS/390 mode.
- Experience with Job Control
- Experience with Access Method Services (VSAM – KSDS format) supporting multiple simultaneous access.
- Experience with developing and diagnosing VTAM applications.
- Experience with IPL and Startup procedures.
- Experience with zVSE executing as zVM guest.
- Experience with the Virtual Tape Support – simulator and server.
- Experience with zVSE security – authentication and resource access control techniques.
- Knowledge of and skills invoking Operator Commands
- Knowledge of Dump Analysis and Diagnostic Tools.
- Experience with the use of basic Operator console commands needed to enable/disable/query the state of various resources, change the execution status of jobs, communication with or Start/Stop started tasks, and collect diagnostic information.